1. Tasked Platform Connects Users
Assignor must determine for themselves whether a Taskee is qualified to perform the requested Service.
ANY DECISION BY USERS TO OFFER OR ACCEPT SERVICES THROUGH THE TASKED PLATFORM IS A DECISION MADE IN SUCH USER'S SOLE DISCRETION. EACH SERVICE PROVIDED BY A TASKEE TO ITS ASSIGNOR SHALL CONSTITUTE A SEPARATE AGREEMENT BETWEEN THAT TASKEE AND ASSIGNOR. TASKEES ARE INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS AND NOT EMPLOYEES OR SUBCONTRACTORS OF TASKED. TASKED MAKES NO REPRESENTATION AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PERFORMANCE OF USERS, NOR DOES IT HAVE CONTROL OVER OR MAKE REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE QUALITY, TIMING, LEGALITY, FAILURE TO PROVIDE, OR ANY OTHER ASPECT WHATSOEVER RELATING TO ANY SERVICES. TASKED DOES NOT HAVE CONTROL OVER THE QUALITY, TIMING OR LEGALITY OF SERVICES DELIVERED BY TASKEES. TASKED HAS NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ANY SERVICES PROVIDED TO ASSIGNOR BY TASKEES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, A WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF GOOD AND WORKMANLIKE SERVICES, WARRANT OF FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LAW, REGULATION OR CODE. EXCEPT AS OTHERWISE SET FORTH HEREIN, TASKED IS NOT AFFILIATED WITH, ENDORSED OR SPONSORED BY ANY TASKEE.
2. Taskee Background and Identity Check Process
Tasked checks the backgrounds of each Taskee using a third-party background check service that includes, but is not limited to national criminal records check. Tasked also requires each Taskee to submit to Tasked a government-issued identity document and a profile picture. Taskees hereby give consent to Tasked to conduct background checks as often as required in compliance with applicable law. Although Tasked performs background and identity checks on each Taskee, Tasked cannot confirm that each Taskee is who they claim to be, and therefore, Tasked cannot and does not assume any responsibility for the accuracy or reliability of the identity or background check information or any information provided through the Service.
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT TASKED IS NOT LIABLE FOR DAMAGE THAT MIGHT ARISE OUT OF THE SERVICES. TASKED IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONDUCT, WHETHER ONLINE OR OFFLINE, OF ANY USER INCLUDING TASKEES, AND WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, LOSS, INJURY OR DAMAGE ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH ANY SERVICES. EACH USER SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION AND COMMON SENSE TO PROTECT THEIR PERSONAL SAFETY AND PROPERTY, JUST AS YOU WOULD WHEN INTERACTING WITH ANY PERSON WITH WHOM YOU DO NOT KNOW.
Users of the Tasked Platform contract for the Services directly with other Users. Tasked is not in anyway linked or a party to any contracts or arrangements for the Services entered into by its users. The Tasked Platform merely facilitates these agreements and or arrangements by providing a medium through which Assignors can connect with Taskees, schedule the Services, and make payments for the Services. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Assignors may not bypass the Tasked Platform by using the Tasked Platform to connect with Taskees and then engage those Taskees for Services outside of the Tasked Platform.
To help maintain the quality of the Tasked Platform, Users (both Taskees and Assignors) will have the opportunity to rate each other after the completion of Services. The ratings of Assignors and Taskees will help reveal how other users rate them, and users intending to engage a Taskee or an Assignor might be influenced by the rating that user has.
We may, without further notice or warning and in our discretion, monitor or record telephone conversations that we have with you or anyone acting on your behalf for quality control and training purposes or to protect our rights. We may, without further notice or warning, and in our discretion, access, store, use, and disclose the messages, call transcripts, and data about the calls/messages between and among Users that occur through the Tasked Platform for our business purposes, including to provide and improve Assignor service and the Tasked Platform, fraud prevention, and to identify violations of this Agreement.
6. Accessing the Tasked Platform and Account Security
We reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Tasked Platform, and any service we provide on the Tasked Platform in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason that all or any part of the Tasked Platform is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Tasked Platform, or the entire Tasked Platform, to Users for any reason.
You are responsible for:
• Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Tasked Platform. • Ensuring that all persons who access the Tasked Platform through your account are aware of this Agreement and comply with them.
If you choose, or are provided with, a user name, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any other person or entity. You also acknowledge that your account is personal to you and agree not to provide any other person with access to the Tasked Platform or portions of it using your user name, password or other security information, including Third Party Site Password. You agree to notify us immediately of any unauthorized access to or use of your user name or password or any other breach of security. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account and password, and you accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account. You also agree to ensure that you exit from your account at the end of each session. You should use particular caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information.
We have the right to disable any user name, password or other identifier, whether chosen by you or provided by us, at any time in our sole discretion for any or no reason, including if, in our opinion, you have violated any provision of this Agreement.
7. Prohibited Uses
You may use the Tasked Platform only for lawful purposes and in accordance with this Agreement. You agree not to use the Tasked Platform:
• In any way that violates any applicable state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from any country). • For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise. • To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Tasked, a Tasked employee, another User or any other person or entity (including, without limitation, by using email addresses or screen names associated with any of the foregoing). • To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Tasked Platform, or which, as determined by us, may harm Tasked or Users of the Tasked Platform or expose them to liability. Additionally, you agree not to: • Use the Tasked Platform in any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the site or interfere with any other party's use of the Tasked Platform, including their ability to engage in real time activities through the Tasked Platform. • Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Tasked Platform for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Tasked Platform. • Use any manual process to monitor or copy any of the material on the Tasked Platform or for any other unauthorized purpose without our prior written consent. • Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Tasked Platform. • Introduce any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. • Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Tasked Platform, the server on which the Tasked Platform is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Tasked Platform. • Attack the Tasked Platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack. • Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Tasked Platform.
8. Monitoring and Enforcement